Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Foster the People - Pumped Up Kicks

I admit I was concerned when Elise told me this was her favorite song ever. It's about running from guns. It's a bouncy, catchy tune with a disturbing message.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDTZ7iX4vTQ&ob=av2e

She asked if it hurt my feelings.
Me: I don't like all the words, but why would it hurt my feelings?
E: Because the children are tired of their moms kissing them all the time.
Then went on to sing:
"All the other kids who are done getting kissed - you better run, better run, better outrun my mom. All the other kids who are done get kissed - better run, better run, faster than my mother."

1 comment:

  1. HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHAHAHAAAA!!!

    Admittedly, when I first heard the song all I heard was some asshole bragging about his reebok pumps (remember those? http://stuffmikelikes.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/reebok-pump-omni-lite-new-york-knicks-12.jpg ), and I got transported back to 1990 in 6th grade hating all the kids whose parents had disposable income for COOL ASS SHOES like THAT! LOLOLOL!!!

    ReplyDelete