Sunday, August 21, 2011

Fruity Pepples are the devil

So, I went against my better judgment and bought a box of fruity pebbles. I saw a really cute fruity pebbles marshmallow treat made into an ice cream sandwich on Pinterest. It was a adorable. I was weak.
This morning my little morning grump rubbed her eyes, refused all hugs and kisses as she usually would do in morning and muttered quietly "I want breakfast".
M: What do you want?
E: Toast.
M: We're out of bread. We need to go to the store today.
E: Waffles.
M: No waffles either.
E: I guess I'll have cereal. Ooo! Do we still have fruity pebbles?
M: (reluctantly) Yes. Yes you may have fruity pebbles.

She sized up her first ever bowl of fruity pebbles saying "Smells great." Then with a laugh "Looks like a big bowl of garbage." She happily ate every last pebble.

Today was a really long day chalk full of bad behavior, sass mouth, "Go to your room" and tears.
The child is in bed. The fruity pebbles are way down at the bottom of the garbage.
They're pretty, they're gluten free, but apparently they are actually a bowl of garbage. Garbage that makes my kid insane.

I'm writing this down in hopes that I never forget.


No comments:

Post a Comment