Thursday, August 4, 2011

Must slow down.

Every morning in our house is a scramble to get out the door. I'm not really a morning person and it's quite evident that Elise isn't either. She gets distracted so easily. Somehow "Put on your clothes" translates to "Stand on the couch in your underwear with a beenie baby on your head for 5 minutes" and "Brush your teeth" means "Go find a long stick and a flashlight then try to get your little tiger out from behind your bed because he certainly can't stay there alone all day."

This morning was no different. Rush, rush, rush. Nag, nag, nag.
I open the car door, shove all our things in. Elise is standing in the middle of the driveway.
"Elise, we have to go. I'm going to be late."
"Come here mom. I have something to show you."
"But we're running late! OK. Make it quick. What is it?"

"It's perfect today. Look. Feel it. It's just perfect. It smells so good and feels nice on my skin. Did you ever see such a great day?"

It was perfect. Still, warm, sunny, beautiful.
"Thank you honey for sharing that with me."

"See. You didn't want to miss that, did you?"

No. No, I didn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment